Prepare this hearty, budget-friendly, quick-fix dish at your parties or for the weekend and “tickle those taste-buds”
Creamy Chicken & Spinach Bake
- Butter 4 Tbsp
- All-purpose flour 4 Tbsp
- Cream 1/2 Cup
- Milk 2 Cup
- Salt 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Black pepper 1/2 tsp
- White pepper 1/4 tsp
- Grated cheddar cheese 1/2 Cup
- Shredded Chicken 1 1/2 cup (boiled)
- Spinach 1/2 cup (chopped and boiled)
- Chicken Broth 1/2 cup
- Breadcrumbs 1/2 cup
- In a large pot melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and mix well until foamy
- Now slowly add in milk and stir continuously to avoid any lumps. Let it boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes until it thicken.
- Remove the pot from heat and mix in cream, salt, black pepper and white pepper. Mix well
- Add chicken and spinach to the mixture mix. Now add the chicken broth and mix well again. (check for the consistency before adding the entire cup of broth, the mixture shouldn’t be too runny)
- Let the mixture boil for another 2 minutes. Turn off heat and taste check
- Transfer the mixture in a casserole dish. Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese and top with bread crumbs.
- Pop the dish in the oven for about 8-10 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and crumbs are golden brown.
- Serve hot!