This dish is ahh-mazing! It Spicy, its creamy, its chicken, its mushrooms, it pasta – it’s Spicy Chicken and Mushroom Stroganoff with Pasta. So, from the ingredients in your kitchen you can actually make this hearty dish that too in less than an hour i.e. only 30-45 minutes!
So, this is a variation of traditional stroganoff which is done in beef, this one is using chicken and includes paprika and tomato paste too. But if you like beef better, use beef instead of chicken and you ahve your “Beef Stroganoff”. Another good thing about this recipe is that you can serve it with boiled rice, garlic rice or any type of rice or you can do the way I did serve over pasta or noodles.
Please your family and friends with this fancy dish prepared in less than
Spicy Chicken and Mushroom Stroganoff
- 2 Cups Chicken Chunks (cubed)
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard Paste
- 1 medium Onion (Chopped)
- 4-5 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 Cup Button Mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp Salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Chili Flakes
- 1 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried Thyme
- 1/2 Cup Cream
- fresh Coriander Chopped (for Garnish)
- 1 Pack Flat Noodles (Pasta)
- Pat the Chicken Breasts dry, cut into 2-inch chunks (cubes) and season with black pepper, salt, Worcestershire sauce, mustard paste and oil. In a cooking pan, heat 2-3 Tbsp of oil over medium-high heat. Fry the chicken in batches until golden brown, then let it rest on a plate until further use
- Now lower the heat to medium, add 1 Tbsp of oil and onion, stirring occasionally until they become translucent. Now add the garlic and fry until fragrant. Add to it sliced mushroom and saute. Here add a pinch of salt and pepper, cook for about 5 minutes or until the mushrooms are browned.
- Add to it the tomato paste, give it a nice stir and let cook for about 1-2 minutes, now make a well in the center of the pot add butter and flour and mix. Cook for about a minute to let the raw flour taste cook off.
- Now pour in the chicken stock, while stirring and mixing everything together. Add the remaining seasoning and sauces mix and let it thicken and bubble slightly
- Add chicken to this bubbling sauce and let it cook on simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare your noodles or pasta until al-dente. drain and let sit, until the sauce is prepared
- Now add to the sauce, cream and season once again with a pinch of salt and black pepper, mix well and bring to a simmer. Here taste check and adjust the seasoning.
- In the serving dish, make a bed of pasta/noodles and on it pour the Chicken and Mushroom Stroganoff. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander and serve