Mint Coriander Chutney also known as Hari Chutney, where Hari means green in Urdu language is one of the most popular and one of the favorite accompaniments from the Pakistani Cuisine.
There are quite a lot of variations in the ingredients of this recipe however the basic ingredients, mint, coriander, green chilies remain the same in every recipe. Mint Coriander Chutney or the Green Chutney can be used in a variety of ways, and can be stored too, I have mentioned ways to store it in the notes below so don’t forget to check those out!
Did you know this green chutney makes some really good and different but utterly delicious potato cutlets too? If you haven’t tried out already, now is the time try out my recipe for Green Chutney Potato Cutlets and enjoy an amazing snack!
Its a very versatile condiment and can be used in whatever way you want. You can add a Tbsp of this chutney in yogurt and it’ll become mint coriander yogurt dip or raita, which can be served with grilled or fried food.
You can even use it as a sandwich spread and make Green Chutney sandwiches or can make rainbow sandwiches or pinwheel sandwiches using this easy chutney recipe. It also makes an excellent addition to chaats and rolls or you can just have it as is with pakoras (deep fried fritters) and samosas
I love hearing from you, so do let me know in the comments below how did you find my version of Mint Coriander Chutney 🙂
Mint Coriander Chutney (Green Chutney)
- 1 Bunch Mint Leaves
- 1 Bunch Fresh Coriander Leaves (finely choppedx)
- 1 Medium Sized Tomato (chopped Chex)
- 8-10 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3-4 Green Chilies (sliced)
- 1/2 Tbsp Salt or to taste
- 1/2 Tbsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chaat Masala Powder
- Wash and chop the vegetables
- Add all the ingredients in the blender, add 1 or 2 Tbsp of water so that the ingredients blend easily
- Keep blending until all ingredients are well combined into a smooth paste.
- Taste check, add more salt, red chili or lemon juice as required
- Its ready! serve it as a dip, spread or condiment