There is something about this classic orange and chocolate combination which never fails to delight you and is surely a winter treat. And what better holiday flavors can you get without orange and chocolate isn’t it?
If you have been reading my recipes and posts you must have known by now that whenever it comes to breakfast I want something interesting, flavorful and one that tickles those tastebuds! And that’s when I came up with this amazingly delicious recipe for Orange Chocolate French Toast Roll-ups. Okay, I’ve to confess that I simply Love .. LOOVVEE… LOOOVVVEEE French toasts! There was a time when my breakfast was only French Toast and nothing else (can you believe that?) and I never got tired of it. Well, that’s true) even today I love having them.
This recipe for Nutella Stuffed French Toasts that I posted some time ago, had been an amazing recipe discovery because everyone enjoyed having those French Toasts. This time I wanted to do something different with the french toasts and that’s when I came across this recipe for Strawberry Nutella French Toast Roll-ups on Nagi’s blog and that’s when it struck me why not try this with Oranges.
Fortunately fresh Oranges are in abundance these days and when you have home-grown oranges what better thing can you ask for. So this is how this recipe came into existence. When it comes to flavors it already has that classic combination of chocolate and orange but when the chocolate is Nutella it definitely enhances its flavor. Secondly, the cinnamon sugar coating on the top makes it a close cousin of cinnamon rolls and it tastes just like doughnuts!
In short, this is not just a breakfast it’s BREAKFAST DESSERT!
So if you are looking for a fancy breakfast or want to treat your loved ones with that special breakfast try out this recipe and impress everyone. This also makes an amazing item for brunch as well and that too in just no time at all.
Also if you want to make those perfect french toasts, learn all about it here
Try it out and share your views by commenting below or sending us your pictures on our Facebook Page 🙂
Recipe adapted from RecipeTin Eats
Orange Chocolate French Toast Roll-Ups
- 4 Slices White Sandwich Bread (crust removed )
- 4 Orange Segments (diced small )
- 4 Tbsp Nutella
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 1/4 tsp Salt (or less)
Cinnamon Sugar Mix
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Caster Sugar
- In a bowl whisk together egg, milk and salt until combine. Use a bowl that has a flat base so that its easy to coast the rolls with Egg Mixture
- In a small dish mix together ground cinnamon and caster sugar
- Now Flatten the bread slices using a rolling pin. This will help making rolls easily
- Spread about 1 Tbsp of Nutella on each slice of bread. Nutella will help in holding the ends of roll together
- Add the diced orange segments along the bottom of each slice
- Roll the bread up and keep aside making sure the sealing side is faced down so that it seals perfectly, until all slices are rolled up
- In a pan melt butter on medium high heat
- Roll each roll-up in the egg mixture until fully coated, shake off excess and place in the buttered pan
- Cook for about 5 minutes, turning sides so that it cooks evenly
- Remove from pan and coat with Cinnamon Sugar Mix immediately. Repeat with all other roll-ups
- Serve immediately with a mug of hot chocolate, coffee or even orange juice