Spring is here and I’m so happy to see my little garden in full bloom, filled with floral scents, its all green and fresh. Nature always inspires me and brings a smile on my face with its creations be it a budding flower or seeing the clouds make different shapes. Today’s recipe is inspired from the Spring season and is my inspiration to look at the positive things life has to offer. It’s my Mini Chocolate Donuts … yes Donuts!
I must have gotten you all confused on what’s the connection between donuts, spring and positive thinking right? Well, it’s pretty simple, have you heard that quote:
“Between the optimist and the pessimist, the difference is droll. The optimist sees the doughnut; the pessimist the hole!” – Oscar Wilde
This is the lesson learned from the donuts – to look at the positive things life has to offer. Inspiration is from Spring since my donuts are sprinkled with rainbow sprinkles, it has the color and feel of spring, it all connects, you see 🙂 Here’s a picture of my Spring Garden.
I had this mini donuts pan from Prestige, from quite some time now and had planned to make donuts on my 1st Blogiversary in June this year, but I couldn’t wait this long and made these cute little donuts out of it. This recipe is the best recipe for baked donuts, its soft, moist, easy-to-make and delicious! Oh, did I tell you its dairy free? Well.. yes it is, no eggs, milk or butter. Simple ingredients and oh-so-awesome donuts in 15 minutes. Don’t believe me? Try it yourself.
Wave good-bye to fried donuts and welcome these baked mini chocolate donuts in your home. The rich chocolatey glaze on the top gives this moist donuts the texture and makes them melt in your mouth.
The rainbow sprinkles on the top give it the oomph. But you can decorate with anything you fancy. Do check out the notes below, I’ll be giving the Nutella Version of this recipe.
When you make these, make an extra batch because these little cuties will be snapped in just no time at all. Believe me they’re that good.
Baked Mini Chocolate Donuts
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp Flour
- 1/4 Cup Castor Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Instant Coffee
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Corn Syrup (optional)
- 1/2 Cup Castor Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius and prepare the donuts pan by lightly greasing it with oil
- In a prepping bowl sieve together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, coffee, baking soda and salt. Whisk together to combine.
- Add vegetable oil, vanilla, water and corn syrup and continue to whisk until smooth and well combined.
- Pour into 8 donuts pan molds, filling each mold until about 2/3 full and put it in the oven to bake
- Donuts will take 10-14 minutes to bake. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes release from molds on to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- Prepare the frosting by whisking together sugar, oil and water until smooth. Add cocoa powder and vanilla essence and continue to whisk until creamy.
- Once the donuts are cool, dip them in the chocolate glaze to cover the top and sprinkle some rainbow sprinkles – Enjoy!