By now you all must know that I’m obsessed with French Toast and if you still don’t know check out these recipes that I’ve shared here (now you know it too!). Although I didn’t make these for Valentine’s Day but I thought its the perfect time to share the recipe, when everything goes red, why not breakfast? I’m sure everyone would love this Valentine’s Day Breakfast – it’s just perfect.
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: serves 2
Red Velvet French Toast
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1-2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1-2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened)
- 2 tsp Red Food Coloring
- 4 Bread Slices (halved)
- Butter for frying
Cream Cheese Filling
- 250g Cream Cheese (at room temperature)
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Milk
- 2 Tbsp Nutella
- Whisk together all the ingredients for French Toast in a shallow dish, until smooth.
- Dip each bread slice in the French Toast mix and press it gently so that it soaks some mixture. Flip and repeat on other side, until evenly coated.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Fry the bread slices, flip over and fry until cooked through.
- While the bread is frying, prepare cream cheese by whisking together cream cheese, sugar and milk until smooth.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add Nutella and heat it for about 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir
- To assemble the Red Velvet French Toast, spread a generous amount of cream cheese on the toast, sift some powder sugar on top and drizzle chocolate on it and serve!
- I used Chocolate Syrup on top, but the bread soaked it immediately. So using Nutella or melted chocolate chips work best
- This can also be served with strawberries, raspberries or any of your favorite fruit too.