Weekend breakfast has to be special, especially for a person like me who is a no-breakfast-person all week through. While all the attention on special breakfast is given to pancakes (by most), for me something special for breakfast means French Toast. And if you’ve been following me you must have followed my French Toast recipes too, and today I’m adding another one to the list, it’s Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast.
It’s a breakfast dessert, so double the treat! and that’s what makes it even more special. Imagine for a second, your favorite strawberry cheesecake stuffed in golden crisp bread, drizzled with maple syrup and served with fresh fruit. It did give you that fancy restaurant breakfast feel, right? It’s that special.
While you’re still imagining it all, you might also want to look at some other options like this Cheese stuffed French Toast with Ice Cream, or my favorite Nutella stuffed French Toast and if you like the fruit, try these Orange Chocolate French Toast Roll-ups. Now you see, my obsession with French Toasts? How could I even leave strawberries behind, I had to make these Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast.
This breakfast recipe will leave you happy and glowing with all its goodness and richness. And of course you’ve found a new recipe for your breakfast and brunch parties!
Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast
- 4 Slices White Bread
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice (fresh)
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Cup Strawberries (diced)
- 1-2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Full-Cream
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder (Optional)
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- Butter for cooking
- Maple Syrup for serving
- To make the cheesecake spread, in a bowl combine together cream cheese, honey,vanilla extract, lemon juice and strawberries using a spoon or a spatula. Let rest for about 2 minutes. Do a taste check and add more honey if required.
- Generously spread this cream cheese mixture on one slice of bread, cover with another slice and press slightly. Do the same with other two bread slices
- In a shallow dish whisk together eggs, full cream, sugar and cinnamon powder(if using)until well combined
- Put a pan over medium heat, add butter. When it melts, dip each stuffed sandwich in the prepared egg mixture, coating it well. Immediately put it in the pan and cook about 2 minutes, flip and cook the other side or until both sides are nicely golden
- Serve it warm, dusted with powdered sugar, drizzled with Maple Syrup and some fresh strawberries