From the title of the
Did you know you can make so many delicious things using Pancake mix other than Pancakes of course? Until now, I didn’t. When I came across this recipe on Delish Plan I was so impressed by the idea of using pancake mix as a crust for this breakfast pizza that I had to try it out to experience the taste and flavours.
Most of you know already that I’m not a breakfast person at all, but for our new followers – I’m not a breakfast person, which means I’m one of those who skip breakfast (as in proper meal) and are happy to have a cup of chai and call it breakfast. But I do enjoy trying out new breakfast recipes that I find interesting and worth sharing with you all. I also enjoy breakfast plans with friends and love trying out breakfast menus at restaurants, yet I’m not a breakfast person (maybe just at home, lol)
This gorgeous looking and tastefully delicious Breakfast Pizza is so so easy and quick to make. And the best part, you don’t have to worry about making the perfect dough at all – what else could you ask for, right? You can also play around with the ingredients and add all your favourite things to it, mushrooms, bell peppers, tomatoes, sausage or anything at
This was my first attempt with the pizza, it turned out awesome but the eggs on the crust did not come out perfect – like I wanted them to be. It still looked great and tasted delicious. Next time I’ll be more careful when adding eggs on top so that they stay in shape and come out perfect.
Breakfast Pizza with Pancake Mix Crust
For Pizza Crust
- 2 Cups Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Water
For Pizza Topping
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese (Grated)
- 6 Chicken Sausage (cooked and chopped)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese (Grated)
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
- 1/4 tsp Salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper (ground)
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Preheat the oven to 425°F or 220°C. Prepare the pizza dish or a cookie sheet by lightly greasing it with olive oil or cooking spray
- In a large bowl mix together pancake mix, water and olive oil until well combined.
- On a clean counter top or kneading surface sprinkle some pancake mix or flour. Transfer dough from the bowl to the floured surface and knead for about 2 minutes. Place it back in the bowl and cover with a clean, damp kitchen towel and let sit for 5 minutes, undisturbed.
- After about 5 minutes dust the rolling pin with flour and start rolling the prepared pizza dough into your desired shape (circle, oblong or a square) keeping it about 1/2 an inch thick. Transfer the crust to the prepared pizza pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Once the pizza crust is ready, top it with mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, sausage and Parmesan cheese. Put it back in the oven for 14 minutes. Seven minutes into baking add eggs on the top and continue baking for the next seven minutes or until the egg whites are set
- Take it out of the oven and season with salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Sprinkle some chopped cilantro or green onion on the top,slice and serve!