There are so many ways to tell your special person, how much you love them. But nothing says romance more than a home cooked meal or a special Valentine’s Day Breakfast. And what could be more special than Crispy French Toast with Macadamia Nuts and honey?
My husband and I both are crazy about french toast. Every Sunday we have French Toast for breakfast – it is our weekend breakfast staple. But for the love-filled February, I wanted to fancy-up our regular french toast and that too with a touch of healthy, so here it is Crispy French Toast with Macadamia Nuts.
I received a package of healthy goodies from
The brioche bread slices are coated with coarsely chopped Macadamia Nuts to give the soft bread that delightful crunch. I also used Organic Raw Honey, instead of sugar to keep these Crispy French Toast healthy and to keep moderate sweetness.
To give the french toast a new fun look, I made crispy french toast sticks. These are more snack-like and make an exciting side dish for breakfast or brunch table. And of course, you can never go wrong with strawberries. They give a kick of colour to your fancy-breakfast and make it look more inviting.
For anyone who likes drizzling their French Toast with syrup, the honey drizzle was a perfect pairing of sweetness to the slightly salty and c
The recipe is super easy and fun to make and if you want to show someone your love, try making this so fancy looking Crispy French Toast with Macademia Nuts for them. They won’t be able to resist this gorgeousness.
My husband loved it. We devoured them and were in a food coma. He loved the idea of French Toast sticks – told you it’s fun.
Valentine’s Day Breakfast – Crispy French Toast with Macadamia Nuts
- 6 slices Brioche Bread
- 1 Cup Macadamia Nuts (chopped coarsely)
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Raw Honey (+ More for drizzling)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 2 Cups Bran Cornflakes (crushed)
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- In a shallow dish, whisk together milk, egg, cinnamon powder and honey
- Slice three brioche bread slices into 1-inch sticks and keep the remaining three slices full.
- In another shallow dish combine coarsely chopped Macadamia Nuts and Cornflakes
- Now drench the bread slices and sticks into the egg mixture and generously roll and coat in Macadamia Nut-Cornflakes mix.
- Heat butter on medium heat and cook french toast and french toast sticks about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve with fresh strawberries and a drizzle of organic raw honey.
For your Pinning Pleasure
By the way, if you enjoy my recipes, I’d love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for Video Recipes.