It’s June already and we’re well into summers. While we have our rooms chilly with the AC, the temperature outside has risen to a sizzling 40-45 degrees and one definitely needs a refreshing drink to cool-one-down and to beat the heat
Nothing can beat the heat like a refreshing drink and for me it is Mint Margarita – nothing like it! In hot summers like we have here, this is the best drink to have. It looks fancy but is super easy to make, with a blender at hand and a few ingredients you have a superbly refreshing drink ready.
It’s super simple but it does have its trick. To get a perfect glass of Mint Margarita you need to keep the ratio of lemon to sugar to water perfect. As the drink includes crushed ice too, so its important to maintain the ratio accordingly, because as the ice melts it’ll rise to the top and also mix with the water. The ratio I’ve kept in the recipe is perfect for me as it has all the flavors together; the sweet, the tangy, the mint and the soda.
While the temperature continues to rise and as Ramadan is approaching, this drink will definitely be your instant-refresher and a hit! So please yourself and your guests with this super refresher Mint Margarita.
by Hirra Pervaiz June-01-2015
Mint Margarita – A refreshing drink with a bit of lemon soda fused with mint leaves. So perfect for the Summers!
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: servings 2
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3-4 Sprigs of Mint (or More)
- 3 Lemons, Juice
- 3-4 Cups Ice cubes
- 1 Cup 7up Lime or Sprite (250ml)
- Add the sugar, water, salt, sprigs of mint, lemon juice and ice cubes to a blender. Pulse a few times till the ice is completely crushed
- Fill each glass with half of 7up/sprite and pour the mint mixture over till the glass is full.Garnish with a slice of lemon the rim of the glass or with mint leaves. Serve immediately
- Prepare the drink just before serving, or the crushed ice will melt if made way in advance
- You can prepare the mint mixture in advance and add ice to it and blend before serving