What better way to spice up the weekend lunch than with a Chicken Paratha Roll (Pakistani Flatbread Wrap) stuffed with flavorful chicken, pickled veggies and spicy chutneys. The best thing about it is, that its a wholesome meal and can be prepared with leftover chicken too. Its as simple as assembling it all together (if that makes sense)
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: serves 4
- 3 – 4 Chicken Fillets (cut into cubes)
- 1 tsp Salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 1 Cup Yogurt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 4 Tbsp oil
For Paratha Dough
- 1 Cup wholewheat flour
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Ghee
- Water as required(for making the dough)
For Base Chutney
- 4 Tbsp Mayonnaise,or as required
- 2 Tbsp Chili Garlic Sauce or Tomato Ketchup
For Pickled Veggies
- 1 Onion, Medium (thinly sliced)
- 1 Cucumber (thinly sliced and seeds removed)
- 1 Cup vinegar (divided)
For Green Chutney
- For Chicken: Marinate the Chicken in above mentioned ingredients, except Oil for 15- 20 minutes. Then in a pan add oil and the marinated chicken and cook it on medium-low heat until chicken is tender and the water dries
- For Paratha Dough: Mix both flours, salt and ghee. Knead it into a dough, add water as required. Keep aside for half hour. Prepare the paratha, like a regular paratha.
- For Green Chutney: Follow the instructions in link above. Chutney should be thick in consistency
- For Base Sauce: In a small bowl mix mayonnaise and ketchup together
- For Pickles: In a bowl add half vinegar and onion slices. In another bowl add other half of vinegar and cucumber slices. Keep them dipped for 20 minutes at least.
- For Assembling: On the base of the paratha apply the prepared base sauce. In the center, place the chicken pieces horizontally, add the green chutney on the chicken pieces. Top it with pickled cucumbers and onion slices. Make a roll of the paratha and cover half of it with foil paper so that it stays intact. Serve with Green chutney or ketchup.
- To give the chicken smoked BBQ effect. Heat a coal on a burner. Take a piece of bread or chappati, put it in the middle of the chicken pan. Place the coal on it and drizzle a few drops of oil. Cover the pan with the lid for 10 minutes. Remove the coal. The chicken will now have smoked taste.