Spring is here and I’m so happy to see my little garden in full bloom, filled with floral scents, its all green and fresh. Nature always inspires me and brings a smile on my face with its creations be it a budding flower or seeing the clouds make different shapes. Today’s recipe is inspired from the Spring season and is my inspiration to look at the positive things life has to offer. It’s my Mini Chocolate Donuts … yes Donuts!
Wave good-bye to fried donuts and welcome these baked mini chocolate donuts in your home. The rich chocolatey glaze on the top gives this moist donuts the texture and makes them melt in your mouth.
When you make these, make an extra batch because these little cuties will be snapped in just no time at all. Believe me they’re that good.
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp Flour
- 1/4 Cup Castor Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Instant Coffee
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Corn Syrup (optional)
- 1/2 Cup Castor Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius and prepare the donuts pan by lightly greasing it with oil
- In a prepping bowl sieve together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, coffee, baking soda and salt. Whisk together to combine.
- Add vegetable oil, vanilla, water and corn syrup and continue to whisk until smooth and well combined.
- Pour into 8 donuts pan molds, filling each mold until about 2/3 full and put it in the oven to bake
- Donuts will take 10-14 minutes to bake. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes release from molds on to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- Prepare the frosting by whisking together sugar, oil and water until smooth. Add cocoa powder and vanilla essence and continue to whisk until creamy.
- Once the donuts are cool, dip them in the chocolate glaze to cover the top and sprinkle some rainbow sprinkles – Enjoy!
- If you’ve prepared the Chocolate Glaze and Donuts are not yet cool, cover the glaze with a damp tea towel to prevent it from drying out.
- For the Nutella Version Donuts: Add 4 Tbsp Nutella in the donuts batter along with the rest of the ingredients mentioned.
- For the Nutella Version Glaze: 1/2 Cup castor sugar, 1 Tbsp Water and 2 Tbsp Nutella (melted). Mix all the ingredients together, slowly add water until the glaze has the right consistency