Sometimes when you’re craving for a different breakfast, it’s the simple things that make them different yet tasty. Good food is all about being CREATIVE!
This recipe has different names but I like “Egg in a basket” the best. So give your daily toasted bread and fried egg a different twist with this yummy recipe.
- Egg – 1
- Bread Slice – 1 (or 2 to make it a sandwich)
- Oil or Butter – 1 Tablespoon
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – to taste
- Cheese Slice – 1 (optional)
- In a frying pan add vegetable oil/butter and heat it on medium-low heat
- Cut a hole in the center of the bread slice – for best results use a cookie cutter or a glass.
- Add the bread slice to the pan – you can toast the hole with it too
- Add some more oil in the center of the bread hole.Now crack the egg in the hole of the bread slice
- Fry the egg and the toast for another 2-3 minutes, sprinkle salt and pepper
- Then flip and fry the other side for 2-3 minutes, until the egg is well cooked
- Place your “eggs in a basket” in a plate, add a cheese slice, and the hole of the bread slice
- pour your favorite breakfast beverage and Enjoy!