I love French Toasts, be it for breakfast or an evening snack these are just perfect for a warm, sweet and satisfying meal. And when you have it stuffed with Nutella it becomes Ahh-mazing!
If you’ve been reading my blog you must have noticed I have posted French Toasts recipes earlier as well. Well, if you’re knew here you must check out these favorite recipes of mine Utterly Butterly Nutella Stuffed French Toasts and Orange Chocolate French Toast Roll-Ups
This time I’m sharing a very quick recipe with the same amazing taste and of course Nutella. You can prepare it in a microwave safe plate or even in a mug – Yes! in a mug (Read notes below)
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: serves 1
- 2 Slices White Sandwich Bread
- 2 Tbsp Nutella
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- A few drops Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Butter or Margarine
- Generously spread Nutella on one side of each slice.
- Butter the other side of both the slices and keep aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together egg, milk, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract
- Put the bread slices in an microwave safe plate and pour the egg mixture over it. Let the bread soak completely. Turn the slices over after a few seconds so that both sides are well soaked in the mixture
- Microwave it for 2-3 minutes on high and turn the slices and microwave for 2-3 minutes. (Increase the time by 10 secs, depending on how you like your toasts and varying microwave temperature settings)
- For French Toast in a mug, simply cut the bread slices into cubes, lightly grease the inside of microwave safe mug with butter. Put half the bread cubes in the mug and pour egg mixture over it. Add a second layer of bread cubes and pour remaining egg mixture. Microwave it for 1-2 minutes or until the mixture is set. Serve warm with Nutella, powdered sugar or maple syrup