This recipe is inspired by Indian street food, this makes an excellent breakfast or you can even have these served on a brunch, children’s lunch or which ever way you like. Easy to make, Delicious to eat!
- Egg – 1
- Paratha – 1
- Onion – 1/2 (thinly sliced)
- Green Chili – 1 (thinly sliced)
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Chaat Masala – 1/2 teaspoon
- Lemon Juice – from 1 lemon
- Mustard Sauce
- Tomato Ketchup
- Prepare your paratha (like a normal everyday paratha) and keep aside
- Prepare your sliced onions and green chilies with some salt, chaat masala and lemon juice.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk egg, add salt, red chili powder turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Heat an omelette pan over medium heat, add some oil, pour the whisked egg into the pan and swirl so that it goes till its edges
- Before the egg starts cooking, put the paratha on top of it, pressing it gently so that it sticks onto it.
- When the egg is cooked, flip the paratha and cook from the other side for about 1-2 minutes
- Put the egg paratha on a plate, with egg side facing up. Place the onion mixture in the centre
- Drizzle some mustard sauce and tomato sauce and roll it to make a wrap.
- Use butter paper to wrap it so that it stays in place.
- Serve hot!
Note: When preparing more than one roll, make eggs separately for each paratha