I’m always on the lookout for good breakfast recipes and during my research I stumbled upon this “Oh So Famous” Elvis’s Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich recipe
A recipe with the legends name was definitely worth looking into and that’s when I came across this version of the recipe by Nigella Lawson , it was quite simple but I didn’t stop here and continued my search to find out the exact and authentic legendary recipe. So with a few clicks here and there I finally came across Sandy’s page where she had a similar research experience like mine and eventually found Elvis’s mothers comment regarding the recipe on Graceland website (yeeaay finally found it! 😀 ).
So Elvis’s mother shares the recipe secret to be, a sandwich prepared with peanut butter, bananas, bacon, bread slices (of course) but the actual secret was frying the bananas in bacon fat. SO finally, I got to know the secret to Elvis’s Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich was actually “fried bananas”
As my research had ended here and finally I knew the secret, I went for the simple version of Elvis’s Grilled Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich and trust me when you’ll have this sandwich it’ll become your favorite breakfast sandwich too!
Are you ready to taste the Legend’s Signature Dish – in my style? Follow the recipe and Tickle those Tastebuds!
Oh btw, the variations to this sandwich are listed below, do check them out!
Elvis’s Grilled Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich
Yield: Serves 1
Prep Time: 5 mins.
Cook time: 10 mins.
Total time: 15 mins.
This is not just a sandwich, this is Elvis’s famous Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich. This crunchy, energy-packed sandwich is insanely delicious!
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 slices white bread
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp butter
- In a small prep bowl, mash the banana with the back of the spoon
- Toast the slices in a toaster or skillet
- Generously spread peanut butter on one toast and mashed banana on the other
- Sandwich them and press lightly
- Grill the sandwich in melted butter until both sides are crisp and golden brown
- Carefully cut the sandwich diagonally and serve warm
- Instead of mashing the bananas you can slice them instead and follow the rest of the recipe
- Add a bit of honey over the bananas for extra flavor and sweetness
- Drizzle some chocolate syrup on the sandwich and make it fancy
- Add bacon to the recipe and enjoy the signature dish!