This is yet another simple but yummilicious recipe. When I ate this for the first time, I was quite impressed with how quick it was to make and tasted so good. The tangy flavor of the yogurt mixed with spices, surely tantalizes your taste buds. The Good part about this recipe is, that you can have it as is, with aromatic and fragrant white rice or even with chapatti.
- Brinjals (Baingan) – 6 to 8
- Yogurt – 1 Cup
- Salt – To Taste
- Red Chili powder – 2-3 teaspoons
- Ghee/Oil – For frying
- Wash and cut brinjals. Keep in water until further use
- Heat ghee in a pan or griddle on medium heat. Shallow fry brinjal slices in it until golden. Set aside
- In the same ghee add red chili powder, mix for a minute then add whisked yogurt, keep mixing.
- Now add salt. Cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes and add fried brinjals to it
- Reduce heat and cook covered for 5-10 minutes
- Serve hot with boiled rice or chapatti