Creamy Brown Rice Porridge with Dark Chocolate
Start your day with delicious bowl of creamy brown rice porridge. A healthy and tasty breakfast that’s chocolaty, not too sweet, warm and filling.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 2 people
- 1 Cup Reem ka Steam Brown Rice cooked and cool
- 1 Cup Milk milk of your choice, low-fat, almond or any
- 1 tsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp Maple Syrup or Honey or according to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- Mixed Berries
- Sliced Bananas
- 3-4 Squares Dark Chocolate roughly chopped
- Slivered Almonds
Cook Reem ka Steam Brown Rice according to package instruction. Best to prepare a day in advance
In a large sauce pan combine cooked Reem ka Steam Brown Rice and milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes. Stirring frequently, until rice is soft and creamy.
Remove the pan from heat and add cocoa powder, honey and vanilla extract (optional). Stir to combine.
Taste check and adjust flavors as needed. Add more milk if you prefer thinner texture.
Serve the bowl of creamy rice porridge with dark chocolate, mixed berries, sliced banana and slivered almond.