This is a must-try Burger Weekend kind of a recipe, so you cannot miss trying this out. This recipe is special, as it’s by my sister who is an Ah-mazing, Ah-mazing cook, a die-hard foodie and one who loves making delicious food for everyone (yes, we’re the lucky ones 😀 ).
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: serves 4 burgers
- 500 Grams (1lb) Ground Chicken
- 1/4 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 Green Onion (chopped, finely)
- 2 Tbsp Coriander (chopped, finely)
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Dry Mustard
- 1 tsp Salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp Paprika Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 5 Tbsp Barbecue Sauce, divided (homemade or store bought, I used store bought)
- Burger Buns, toasted on grill
- Pickled Jalapenos
- Cheddar Cheese, slices
- Additional Barbecue Sauce
- Ice Berg Lettuce
- Chili Mustard Mayo
- To make the burgers, combine the ground chicken, breadcrumbs, green onion, coriander, brown sugar, spices and 2 tablespoons of the barbecue sauce in a medium bowl and mix gently until well combined. Form the mixture into four equal patties. Transfer to a plate and refrigerate until ready to grill.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Chili Mustard Mayo by mixing together Mayonnaise, mustard paste and chili sauce about 2 Tbsp each.
- Oil the grates of the grill. Place the burger patties on the heated grill and cook about 3-4 minutes. Flip the burgers and brush the cooked sides generously with some of the remaining 3 tablespoons of barbecue sauce. Cook about 3 minutes, then flip once more and brush the second side with barbecue sauce. Top with cheese slices, Cook just until cooked through and cheese is melted.
- On the toasted buns spread Chili Mustard Mayo, place iceberg lettuce, the grilled burger patty, some more Chili Garlic Mayo, Barbecue Sauce and pickled jalapenos. Add cheese according to your liking.
- Serve with fries, slaw, extra BBQ sauce and Devour!