I’m so excited, over-joyed and extremely happy *screams out loud* We’ve reached 1000 Likes on Facebook! YAAYY!! *Happy Dance*. A BIG THANK YOU to all you awesome people who are appreciating and liking my recipes!
Today, as we’re celebrating 1000 Facebook Likes, I decided to do something different and hence came up with the idea to do a Step-by-Step Pictorial Recipe. Aren’t you excited? I’m sure you are, I’m too 😀
So here goes my First step-by-step pictorial recipe of the Blog “The Banella Bread with cream cheese swirl” Did the name Banella just confuse you? No worries it’s my name for Banana+Nutella = Banella (aww… isn’t that cute J ). This is so delicious and so so easy to make.
Come on Foodies, grab your tools, IT’S BAKING TIME!
First things first, Preheat oven to 180° C or 350° F. Grease a 9” x 5” loaf pan with butter and line it with parchment paper
Mash the bananas using a potato masher or with the back of the spoon. Don’t mash completely let it have some small lumps in it.
Sift together flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl. In a separate bowl combine sugar and butter using a beater, until smooth. Add egg to it, beating after every addition.
Add mashed bananas to it then milk and vanilla essence and mix to combine.
Combine all the dry ingredients with the sugar-butter mixture, until smooth.
In a microwave safe bowl put in Nutella and microwave for about 15 seconds. Mix it with a spoon so that its softened. In a separate bowl, take one cup banana bread batter add Nutella to it. This is now Nutella batter
In a bowl combine cream cheese and egg until smooth.
Carefully add the three batters prepared into the pan. First the banana batter, then Nutella batter, then cream cheese. Give it a nice swirl with the back of the spoon. Then again cover with the banana batter and Nutella batter until finished.
Swirl on the top of the batter and bake it for 50 to 60 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean
Allow it to cool in the pan for 15 minutes (This will allow it to set). Remove and allow to cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
Slice it up and serve while it is still warm. Serve it with some melted Nutella.
Banella Bread with Cream Cheese Swirl
- 2 cups Flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 1/4 cup Mashed Bananas
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1/4 cup Cream Cheese
- Preheat oven to 180° C or 350° F. Grease a 9” x 5” loaf pan with butter and line it with parchment paper
- In a bowl sift together flour, salt and baking soda
- In a separate Large bowl, cream sugar and butter together. Add 2 eggs (one at a time), beating well after each addition. Add mashed bananas, milk and vanilla essence and beat until combined. Add dry flour ingredients and beat on low until combined. (don’t over beat)
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt Nutella for about 15 seconds. Mix so its evenly heated and softened. Add Nutella to 1 cup of banana batter and mix well
- In a separate small bowl beat egg and cream cheese together until combined
- Spoon carefully all there batters in the pan alternating banana batter, nutella batter, cream cheese. Swirl it with the back of a spoon
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes remove from pan and let cool on a wire rack for 10 mintues
- Slice and serve while warm. Serve with additional melted Nutella.
Sadaf F K.
Congratulation on the achievement, Hira, your deserve many 1000 of likers! Beautiful swrill-y bread. Banana and Nutella (I mean Banella) is a winner together, love your creativity! 🙂