Pasta is one of the most favorite dishes around the world. Available in different shapes and sizes, pasta is made according to flavors that suits one’s taste palette and this is why there is a huge variety of Pasta dishes out there.
Pasta recipes generally are based on similar ingredients: tomato paste, beef mince, chicken, white sauce, vegetables and topped with grated cheddar. However there is still a lot of variety out there that needs to be explored. And I’m glad I explored and came across this recipe, which is also a dish of a famous restaurant.
Here I present you today the recipe of Kung Pao Chicken Spaghetti from the Asian/Chinese cuisine. What sets this pasta apart from the rest is the combination of sweet and spicy flavors with a kick of salt and a punch of sourness (kick & punch – interesting 😛 ), all these flavors combined and in a delectable balance. This dish is quick – prepared in just 30 minutes, healthy and definitely better than takeout! (oh yes it is)
Just look at that glaze of the Kung Pao Sauce, the crunch of the peanuts, the tender chicken pieces and those slurp worthy noodles – can you just taste that? Well it’s really tasty, try it yourself and it’ll become your favorite pasta dish too.
And for my Vegan Friends, you can enjoy Kung Pao Spaghetti too, see the notes below.
I love hearing from you so do write back!
Kung Pao Chicken Spaghetti
- 3 Chicken Breasts (Cubed)
- 500 grams Spaghetti
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 2 Tbsp Garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp Ginger (minced)
- 1/2 Cup Cornflour
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Roasted Peanuts
- 3 Green Onion Stalks (chopped)
- Oil for deep frying
Kung Pao Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Stock
- 2 Tbsp Cornflour
- 3/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup White Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Red Chili paste with Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Red Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Red Chili Flakes
- Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil, add the spaghetti and cook until al dente. When done, strain, drizzle some oil on it and set aside
- While spaghetti is cooking, mix chicken pieces with salt and pepper (to taste) and toss with cornflour till evenly coated.Heat oil for frying in a pan and deep fry chicken pieces till crisp and golden. Drain on kitchen towel and set aside
- In a bowl whisk together all the ingredients of the sauce.
- Heat 2 Tbsp vegetable oil in a wok over medium heat and add ginger and garlic paste. Stir fry for about 15 seconds. Now pour the sauce mixture in the wok, stir in peanuts,add salt and pepper powder Bring it to a boil and reduce the heat. Let it simmer until it is bubbly and thickens.Taste Check and adjust seasoning according to taste
- Now add the fried chicken pieces, stir in the noodles and green onion.
- Toss everything together and serve. Garnish with green onions