This no-bake, no dough braided tandoori chicken bread is so easy to make. It’s such a fancy and delicious snack and a crowd-pleaser. You won’t believe it how easy it is to make this braided chicken bread.
The things I miss the most about Pakistani food is the street food and bakery products, chicken patties, lemon tarts, and chicken bread. The warm braided bread filled with creamy chicken inside and a cup of tea to go with it, deliciousness!
This braided tandoori chicken bread was my attempt to bring back those evening tea snack memories and to satisfy my cravings. But I also wanted it to be a quick snack with ingredients already available in my kitchen. So instead of replicating the bakery-style chicken filling, I used a tandoori chicken filling, adding a desi twist.
When it comes to snacks, I’m more of a salty snack food kind of a person and when its carbs, it makes everything even better. Just like these Baked chicken cheese discs, an easy recipe with all my favorite things and herb butter, the braided chicken bread has my heart.
This recipe is husband-approved, and I can assure you that everyone from kids to adults will love the braided tandoori chicken bread as a snack, finger-food, or an appetizer. You’ve got to make it to believe it!
Tips to make Braided Tandoori Chicken Bread
- I used a tandoori chicken filling; you can use any filling of choice that your kids or family prefers.
- When braiding the strips, use water to secure each fold of strip. Also, press it lightly so that it doesn’t unfold.
- You can make these ahead and refrigerate, making sure to cover the prepared chicken bread with a damp kitchen towel.
How to Make Braided Tandoori Chicken Bread Video
Braided Tandoori Chicken Bread
- 250 gram Chicken, cut in 1-inch cubes ((2cups))
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp Red Chili powder
- 2 tbsp Tandoori Masala (I used Shan)
- 2 tbsp Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Nando's Perinaise (see notes)
- 10-12 slices White Bread
- Oil for frying
For Tandoori Chicken Filling
- In a large bowl add the chicken cubes. Now add ginger and garlic paste, salt, red chili powder, tandoori masala, yogurt, lemon juice, and oil.
- Mix well so that the chicken is evenly coated. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add the marinated chicken and cook for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is done. Using a spoon or a knife, break the chicken pieces into small bits.
- Transfer the chicken to a bowl and allow to cool a little.
- Add the perinaise to the chicken and mix well. Taste check and adjust seasoning if needed.
For Braided Tandoori Chicken Bread
- Take each bread slice and cut off the edges. Then using a rolling pin flatten the bread slice to thin. Cut off any rough edges.
- Now take a tablespoon of the tandoori chicken filling and place it in the center of the bread.
- Using a pizza roller or a knife, cut strips on each side of the bread leaving about 1/2 an inch at the top and the bottom
- Brush water on all the sides of the bread. Now take the strips and fold them over each other, lightly pressing in the center to form the braid.
- Keep applying water on the strips as you go on braiding to secure it. Firmly press the top and bottom to seal the bread and hold the filling in.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Fry the chicken bread until golden.
- Serve immediately with your choice of dip and enjoy!
- If you don’t have perinaise use 2 tbsp mayonnaise and mix in 1/2 tbsp of tomato sauce.
- You can avoid frying and opt to bake the chicken bread. Just brush the bread with oil and bake for 8-10 minutes at 180 degrees.
- You can substitute tandoori filling with any filling of your choice
You’ll also like
By the way, if you enjoy my recipes, I’d love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for Video Recipes.
No Comments Found