It’s the Holiday Season, it’s Winters and it’s December – all good things together (not to miss the weddings). In this festive
I’m not into baking as such, but in winters you feel like having all those freshly-baked warm cakes and cookies, and baking it yourself is the best thing to do. These Chocolate Chunk Brownie Cookies are so easy to make that it can be a fun holiday activity with your kids.
Chocolate, brownies and chocolate chunks all together in one cookie is a celebration in itself. Everyone loves brownies and when it’s equally good in a cookie form, it’s a marriage made in heaven. And that crackled top is a vision in itself and the way your entire home fills with bakelicious-chocolatey aroma, it’s heavenly!
These are the yummiest,
Chocolate Chunk Brownie Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Butter (unsalted (cut into chunks))
- 2 1/2 Cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 Cup Flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 Eggs (large)
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chunks (I used Hershey’s chocolate bar)
- Preheat the oven to 177°C (350°F)and line baking tray with parchment paper
- In a bowl over simmering water (double boiler method) melt together butter and chocolate chips. Stirring frequently until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly
- In another bowl whisk together flour, salt and baking powder
- Beat egg, sugars and cocoa powder using an electric mixer on high until the mixture is thick and doubles in volume (about 4-5 minutes)
- Reduce the speed to medium and combine chocolate mixture with the egg-sugar mixture. Now add to it vanilla extract
- Reduce the speed to low and add flour mix all at once. Mix until well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Using a tablespoon or a cookie scoop, scoop out heaping tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheet
- Bake until the top is crackly and edges are set( about 10-15 minutes). Remove from the oven and let cool for 1-2 minutes on the baking sheet. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely
Recipe adapted from Mind Over Batter