Everyone has their favorite dish that they love and never get tired of having. But this one dish that is unanimously loved by everyone is Biryani. With
For people like me who are full-time employed and don’t have much time to prepare the
Shan Foods has now taken it to another level by introducing their ready-to-use Curry Pastes & Sauces. Which means no more waiting for the onions to caramelize or for tomatoes to soften. No more spice mixes (masala powders) needed, just one cooking paste and your Biryani is ready in no time at all! Now isn’t that great?
In a few simple steps and with so less ingredients: Chicken, Yogurt, Biryani Paste and Rice – we had a delicious, aromatic and flavorful Biryani. Although the chicken curry was a bit darker in color compared to what we usually make but the taste was Ahhh-mazing!
These Curry Pastes are available at
Chicken Biryani with Shan Biryani Paste
- 500 grams Rice
- 2 1/2 liter Water
FOR CHICKEN CURRY
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 1 Cup Yogurt
- 1 Jar Shan Biryani Paste (I used half Jar)
- Ghee or Oil for Cooking
- Yellow food color for layering
- Chicken Curry: In a pan heat the ghee or oil add chicken and let it cook. It will release its own water, let it cook while stirring occasionally until the water dries completely. Now add yogurt and continue cooking on medium heat, when mixed well add half the jar of Shan Biryani Paste and let cook for 25 minutes till the chicken is tender and the gravy is reduced but not liquid
- Rice: Wash and soak rice in water for 15-20 minutes and drain. Boil 2 1/2 liters of water with a little salt. Once the water starts to boil add rice and cook for 5-7 minutes until they are half cooked. Drain the water
- Layering: Oil a heavy bottomed pan, place two-thirds of rice on the base, followed by gravy. Keep alternating layers of rice and gravy making rice as the top layer as well. Sprinkle some yellow food color. Cover the pan tightly with the lid and cook on low flame for 10-15 minutes till the rice is done and steaming
- Serve with salad and mint raita
Aaah Briyani.. my favourite desi food .. thanks so much for this up.. as it really made my day.. good job with this psot and thanks for sharing too !